What is an endophyte and difference between endophytic fungi and mycorrhiza?
- Microbiology is a branch or discipline of science that studies different characteristics of microorganisms, including bacteria and viruses, and deciphers their associations with living organisms and non-living entities.
- Microbiology has evolved over time as a result of the microbiological tests conducted by various microbiologists.
- Microbial research began with the invention of the microscope and was primarily confined to professionals and scientists at the time.
- Most microbial illnesses in humans and their infectious agents have been discovered at this point, while wide varieties continue to develop and sometimes appear.
- The major applications of microbiology include the study of the germ theory of disease, as well as economic concerns about food spoilage, wine production, the development of new nutritious components, food products, and antibiotics, and the use of both beneficial and pathogenic microbes in different laboratory tests and studies.
- The discovery and characterization of microbes linked to certain illnesses were the first steps in pathology. Microbiology is now employed in a variety of industries, including food, medicine, agriculture, and the environment.
- Many necessary vaccinations, such as the corona vaccine and diphtheria toxoid, and antibiotics, have been developed thanks to significant developments in microbiology during the previous century.
- Microbiology research has also enabled the use of gene recombination technologies in microbes to create superior microbial species for exploiting them in a variety of applications.
- Microbiology’s relevance has grown gradually due to the fact that microbes are responsible for a wide range of ailments in practically all living things.
Find the frequently asked questions in Microbiology
Mindacy Latest Questions
What method could I use to reduce the antibiotic resistance in virulent strains of bacteria?
Which of the following food item does not support or allow the growth of bacteria? a) Refried beans b) Sauted onions c) Cooked rice d) Raw carrots
What is the cell membrane? Please provide the definition, structure, and function of the cell membrane in brief lines.
What bacteria cause urinary tract infections? Please mention the names of few bacterial species.
Bacteria reproduce by which mechanisms please give an example with clear information.
What are the major mechanisms that facilitate bacterial resistance towards different classes of antibiotics?
1. Vitamin K 2. Vitamin B 3. Vitamin C 4. Vitamin C Could you please give me complete information on intestinal bacterial vitamin produtions?
What could be the best process that completely kills bacteria or stops the growth of bacterial cells?